Grate Magnets and Magnetic Cartridges for Separation and Removal of Bulk Contaminants
At Bunting, two of our most important products in our magnetic separation line happen to be two of our simplest products. Our magnetic cartridges and grate magnets are the building block for magnetic separation equipment such as our HF Series Drawer Magnets and FF Series Drawer Magnets. Bunting’s magnetic cartridges and grate magnets are designed to deliver high power in a small package, with no sacrifice to durability or product longevity.
Magnetic cartridges, also known as magnetic rods or tube magnets, are engineered to achieve the optimum balance between magnetic reach-out and holding force. Our magnetic cartridges can be mounted individually or in multi-row arrays, giving you a versatile product to be implemented in your gravity free-fall magnetic separation applications. Bunting offers magnetic cartridges in both standard and heavy-duty models, and all of our magnetic cartridges are constructed of durable 304 stainless steel tubing. Additionally, we offer magnetic cartridges in 316 stainless steel. Magnetic cartridges are available with threaded hole, threaded rod, or plain water tight sealed end plugs. The end plugs are fully welded into the tough 1-inch diameter tubing for added durability. Exclusively available on Bunting magnetic separation products are NUHI™ Neo Ultra High Intensity Magnetic Cartridges, which utilize neodymium rare earth magnets to deliver intense power.
For Same-Day Shipping :
Cartridge Magnets: Buy Here
Grate Magnets: Buy Here
Grate magnets can be installed or simply laid inside hoppers, pits, chutes, housings, and bins, where they can be easily accessed for cleaning. Grate magnets are offered in food, sanitary and USDA finishes. Grate magnets come standard with neodymium rare earth magnets, although ceramic and NUHI™ Neo Ultra High Intensity magnets are also available. Grates are economic solutions for your critical control points to help catch any ferrous metal.
It is extremely important to determine the correct cartridge with the right magnetic strength for your unique application—stronger is not always better. While every application is different, Bunting offers such an extensive selection of magnetic cartridges and grate magnets that we are certain we will be able to provide you with the optimal magnetic separation solution for your production environment. Our engineers are magnet experts who can assist you at every single step of the design process. We design custom solutions for your industry. For example, for customers in a food environment, most of our cartridges and grates meet the food standard 10,000 gauss and food weld clean up.
General-Purpose Magnetic Cartridges
Both standard and heavy-duty models are constructed of durable 304 stainless steel tubing and are available with threaded hole, threaded rod, or plain sealed end plugs. 316 stainless steel is also available. End plugs are fully welded into the tough 1-inch diameter tubing for added durability.
- • Select tapped, sealed or studded ends.
- • Standard 1″ round cartridges start at 4″ lengths.
Heavy-Duty Magnetic Cartridges
Bunting heavy-duty cartridges are designed for maximum metal removal. They are recommended for applications with high flow rates, where structurally stronger cartridges are required, or when the product being handled is highly abrasive. These 1 1/2” square cartridges offer superior reach-out and nearly twice the magnetic surface area of standard 1” cylindrical cartridges.
- • Durable, heavier-gauge stainless steel tubing resists wear and lasts longer in demanding applications.
- • High-intensity rare earth magnets are standard.
- • Heavy-duty 1 1/2″ square cartridges offer nearly two times the magnetic surface area of standard cartridges.
- • Economic ceramic loads are available.
NUHI™ Neo Ultra High Intensity Magnetic Cartridges
Completely redesigned from the ground up to address the processing challenges manufacturers face, the NUHI™ cartridge means more power, a purer product, and better plant efficiency.
- • Over 105 oz of Pull Strength.
- • 316 Stainless Steel Construction to ensure durability.
- • 14% stronger than our previous cartridge design.
Grate magnets can be installed or simply laid inside hoppers, pits, chutes, housings, and bins, where they can be easily accessed for cleaning. Grate magnets are offered in food, sanitary and USDA finishes. Grate magnets come standard with neodymium rare earth magnets, although ceramic and NUHI™ Neo Ultra High Intensity magnets are also available.
General-Purpose Grate Magnets
- • Standard grate magnets use 1″ round cartridges. They are easy to access and remove for cleaning.
- • Available in round, square, and rectangular arrays. Standard sizes from 4” to 36”. Easily fit into a variety of applications.
- • 304 Stainless Steel is standard but 316 Stainless Steel is available for corrosive environments.
Heavy-Duty Grate Magnets
• 1 ½”square tubing made from sturdy 304 Stainless Steel welded to frame with rigid channel side members.
• Available in square and rectangular styles. Standard sizes range from 12” to 60” on a side to fit in a variety of applications.
• Ruggedly built for demanding indoor/outdoor use.
• Ideal for handling high flow rates, hard-to-flow materials, and minimizing bridging and product build-up.
350 High Temperature
• 1” cartridge magnets. These cartridges and grates are for the operator that wants to have the strength of a rare earth neo magnet in applications that are running 280-350F.
• Rated for temperatures up to 350F without permanent magnet loss.
• Economic 1” round cartridges or heavy duty
• Can be used for higher temperatures up to 350F
• Economic solution to catch large metal pieces
Neo Power Balance
• Low grade Rare Earth magnet 1” cartridges
• Used to catch medium ferrous metal
Neo High Intensity Balance
• High strength Magnetic 1” cartridges
• Most commonly used in food focused industries
• Maximize amount of gauss and strength
Neo Temperature Compensated
• Middle grade Neo Rare Earth Magnet
• Used primarily in the plastic industry in higher temperature applications
• Used to catch small, fine pieces of ferrous metal