Magnetic Liquid Traps: Protection Against Tramp Iron Contamination
Bunting’s magnetic liquid traps use powerful, high-energy and high-temperature rated neodymium magnets to effectively remove ferrous tramp from your liquid processing and conveying lines. Bunting’s series of magnetic liquid traps are designed to handle the wide variety of liquids that food, powder, and bulk processors may find themselves flowing throughout their facilities. Whether you are flowing milk, acidic orange juice, heavy oils and syrups, chunky vegetable soup, or paper pulp, we have the perfect magnetic liquid trap to suit your needs.
All of Bunting’s magnetic liquid traps provide highly efficient magnetic separation, and utilize the power of neodymium rare earth magnets to remove all types of ferrous tramp contamination—from large particles to the smallest fines. Bunting’s magnetic liquid traps, equipped with neodymium magnets, are even capable of capturing paramagnetic and lightly magnetic debris such as work-hardened 300 series stainless steel fragments. To ensure optimal safety, especially when handling food products, metal-detectable gaskets and grommets come standard in the housing of liquid traps. Our magnetic liquid traps are rated at 10,000 gauss.
Magnetic liquid traps from Bunting are available in several different options: cartridge-style liquid traps, corrosive-resistant liquid traps (for the processing of acidic foods), plate style magnetic liquid traps, and magnetic inline liquid traps.
Cartridge-Style Magnetic Liquid Traps
Magnetic Liquid Traps are designed to remove ferrous tramp metal contamination from liquid processing and conveying lines. To provide continuous and dependable magnetic protection in non-fibrous fluids, the design of this trap forces liquids through a tightly spaced grid of magnetic cartridges, ensuring close contact between the product and the magnetic field. They provide dependable protection against tramp iron contamination. These traps come equipped with powerful high-energy and high-temperature neodymium magnets to capture challenging types of debris, such as work-hardened 300 series stainless steel fragments. Metal-detectable gaskets and grommets are standard features in housing of magnetic liquid traps. Cartridge style magnetic liquid traps feature a quick release clamp.
• Equipped with standard high-temperature and high-intensity rare earth magnets, allowing for a powerful magnetic field that will not be compromised by heat.
• All fittings are available. Standard 2”, 3”, and 4” line diameter, ½” diameter, and other sizes available upon request to best fit your operating dimensions.
• All models have 316 stainless steel construction to comply with food, sanitary, and USDA grade regulations.
• The MLT-Cartridge can also be fitted with a water jacket, which keeps product hot as it travels through the liquid traps.
For the Food and Powder & Bulk Industries
Corrosive-Resistant Liquid Trap for Processing of Acidic Foods
Manufactured of corrosive-resistant material that has a much higher resistance to chloride pitting, crevice and stress cracking corrosion. The 2″ diameter magnetic load is thicker than the normal 1″ diameter cartridge, making it last longer in the field. Self-cleaning is standard on this model. Click here to learn more about the Corrosive Resistant Magnetic Liquid Trap.
For the Food Industry
Plate Style Magnetic Liquid Traps
Single-plate magnet and dual-plate magnet liquid traps effectively remove ferrous particles from viscous and fibrous liquids, as well as from liquids containing larger suspended solids. These traps are designed to direct contaminants against a magnetic plate and into a deep magnetic field where they are captured and protected from the wiping action of the liquid flow. A deflector creates gradual change in the direction of flow to agitate the product and expose contaminants that would otherwise be blocked by suspended solids. Plate style magnetic liquid traps feature a quick release liquid clamp.
- • Equipped with standard high-temperature and high-intensity rare earth magnets, allowing for a powerful magnetic field that will not be compromised by heat.
- • All fittings are available. Our standard model offers 1”-4” inlet with ½” sizes, and special sizes are available upon request to best fit your operating dimensions.
- • All models have 316 stainless steel construction to comply with food, sanitary, and USDA grade regulations.
- • Special T-Trap design for 5” and above line sizes.
For the Food Industry
Magnetic In-Line Liquid Traps
Our magnetic in-line liquid traps use powerful rare earth magnets to remove even the smallest ferrous particles from high viscosity liquids. These traps utilize a straight-through design that allows material to travel through easily.
- • High temperature rare earth magnets are standard and tolerate temperatures up to 300ºF.
- • Easy to install in tight areas where space is a problem. • Available in 3” and 4” units. In stock for immediate shipment.
- • 10,000 gauss
For the Powder & Bulk and Food Industries