Metal Detection for the Aggregate, Mining & Minerals Industry
The electronic TN77 Conveyor Belt Metal Detector is a tunnel-type unit that is generally installed onto conveyor systems. The TN77 enables a continuous inspection to be made of any non-metallic or non-conductive materials. The unit is used for the detection of tramp iron and manganese steels where their presence would prove damaging to processing equipment or a clients’ end product.
TN77 Conveyor Belt Metal Detector Features:
• Reliable protection against machinery damage
• Detection of tramp iron & manganese steel including non-magnetic digger teeth
• Easy installation into a customers’ existing conveyor
• Simplicity of operation and with fully adjustable sensitivity/detection levels
• Capable of indicating if one or two pieces of tramp iron are simultaneously detected
• Capable of overlooking non-magnetic, copper-alloy belt fasteners
The TN77 Conveyor Belt Metal Detector – essential protection for all of your plant.
Digger teeth, drill rods, crusher plates, bars, chains, nuts and bolts are all extremely hazardous to crushers, shredders and other types of processing machinery.
The search coil of the TN77 Conveyor Belt Metal Detector is supplied from either a range of standard sizes or made to meet customers’ specific requirements, with aperture heights to suit specific processes. The TN77 search coil is also easily dismantled to facilitate ease of installation around a customers’ existing belt conveyor.
The control unit is housed as standard in an IP52 wall fixing cabinet and can be sited locally or remotely from the search coil.
On detection of tramp iron a signal is generated in the search coil and transmitted to the control unit. The signal is then processed and used to control other circuits which include the interlocking of the belt conveyor, operating audible or visual alarms, marking devices or suitable rejection mechanisms.
Typical materials to be inspected include limestone, granite, sand and gravel, clay, coal, chemicals, wood chips, mineral ores etc.