Separate Metal in Gravity Free-Fall Applications
Gravity Free-Fall Style Metal Separators automatically detect all ferrous and non-ferrous metals without process interruptions by separating contaminated materials from product flow. For HACCP safety, this detector is an efficient Critical Control Point (CCP) when detecting metal in any free-falling product. The products below can be used in the Recycling and Plastics Industries.
The quickTRON™ 03R is designed for demanding plastics applications. It features:
• Economical, compact design
• Detects and rejects small fine materials
• Accurate even with abrasive products
• Recommended wherever removal of fines is critical
• Housing Controls are contained
QuickTRON™ 03R units provide consistent performance in demanding applications. High-speed stainless steel reject mechanics allow for compact design. This advanced transmitter/receiver detection system comes in a money-saving package. Units are fully self-monitoring. Integral brackets simplify mounting.
Video showing the reject mechanism of the quickTRON™ 03R
quickTRON™ 05 (Flap or Cowbell Style Diverters)
Uses CR coil for reliable detection and is cost effective for the examination of bulk material in gravity free-fall applications. It is designed for the Food, Grain & Milling, Powder & Bulk, Plastics and Recycling industries.
• Flap option is recommended for powders, fine granular or dry products.
• Cowbell option is recommended for abrasive, sticky or non-powdered products.
• Simple 05 controls. Remote mounted controls available.
• Stainless steel, washdown, or painted versions available.
• Utility-grade and food-grade models are available.
• ATEX (Explosion proof rating) hazardous environment rating available for Flap style unit.
Entry-level, economical HS Separators pneumatically reject isolated metal debris from powders, granules, and other bulk materials. The HS Metal Detector is designed for all Gravity-Fed applications in Plastics and Recycling. It features:
• Economical, compact, and versatile
• Fully self-monitoring
• Adjustable sensitivity and rejection
• Low-maintenance operation
HS Detectors have a single electronics board enclosed in a dust-tight steel housing and feature single-coil detection. Air-powered stainless steel flap offers rapid rejection cycling for cleaner results. HS Detectors monitor their sensors, mechanical function, voltage, and air pressure.
Machine Mounted All-Metal Separators (MMS)
Designed to be a last chance metal separator to be mounted on an injection molding machine or extruder in the Plastics industry. Provides efficient rejection of both ferrous and nonferrous metal contaminants.
• Designed especially for choke-feed applications
• Can be bolted directly to the in-feed of processing equipment and support the weight of hoppers and bins.
• Fast pneumatic rejection mechanism aided by precise timing results in accurate cycling and conservation of good material. Slide gate rejection design eliminates contamination “leaks”.
• Hi-Temp version available for use where the product is at a higher than normal temperature. Handles temperatures up to 350°.