SSSC™ Stainless Steel Separation Conveyor™
Magnetic Separation of Small to Large Sized Stainless Steel 1” to 5”
Discover the latest invention in stainless steel separation from Bunting® Magnetics Co. With the SSSC™ Stainless Steel Separation Conveyor™, you can hold, attract and extract irregular shaped paramagnetic work-hardened stainless steel – up to 4” to 5” in size – from your recycled metals or in copper wire application. Thanks to a patent-pending core design and a revolutionary configuration of high-intensity neodymium rare earth magnets, maximum separation of big pieces of work-hardened stainless steel – materials once thought impossible to separate – are now easily attracted and extracted for the purest product possible.
LAB PROVEN RESULTS
Bunting Magnetics Lab Tests indicate the SSSC™ Stainless Steel Separation Conveyor™ will remove 90-95% of stainless steel from your Zurik medium fraction and 85-94% on Zurik large fraction streams. Our engineers are also seeing that, on Customer Wire Streams before their Wire Choppers, the product is removing approximately 95% of the stainless steel pieces plus a large portion of the foam and fabric that has ferrous dust embedded in it. The total volume of stainless steel and dirt removed from these streams has been running approximately 15% by weight which allows increased production rates, higher purity and considerably less knife damage and down time.
• ASR Stainless Steel Separation / Zurik Purification
Magnetically pulls out stainless steel from the finder stream or recovery of stainless steel from mid to large fractions to improve purity for domestic sales (estimated purity levels of up to 95%).
Magnetically recovering lost stainless steel to improve profitability
• ICW Wire Separation / Wire Chopping Purification
For wire-cleaning applications, it magnetically pulls out stainless steel and ferrous dirt for less knife damage, higher throughput and higher profitability. Tests show total volume of stainless steel and ferrous dirt removed is approximately 15% by weight.
• 8” pulley diameter to hold larger stainless steel fractions
• Patented Neodymium Cross-Grid magnetic pulley pattern encased in aluminum shell
• 2-ply urethane belt with 30mm flexwall and ½” v-guide cleats on 12” centers
• 60-120 fpm variable speed with VFD depending on application
• Heavy duty formed 3/16” sideguard with flexwalled belt to seal off and contain flow
• Heavy duty formed 3/16” frame with stainless steel frame at disc and forklift lifting slots for installation
• ¾ to 2 hp 3ph 60hz motor
• General capacities between 500-1000 lbs/per hour per foot width of conveyor on smaller and stainless and wire fractions. Capacities between 1,000-2,000 lbs/per hour on larger fractions
• Adjustment wheel to easily adjust the bottom splitter forward and back while in operation.
Optional Air Knife
• Patented air knife gently blows ferrous foam, dust and cloth from your material to purify the stainless steel stream.
Optional Vibratory Feeder
• Provides uniform single-layer feeding for maximum separation efficiency
• Customizable width and length to match applications
• Power supply and isolator designed to match flow requirements
• Mild steel or stainless steel fabrication
• Comes complete with controls and can be integrated into existing system
Click here to download our brochure.