FF Series Drawer Magnets for Superior Contaminant Capture in Gravity Free-Fall Applications
Remove medium to fine tramp metal contaminants from your gravity free-fall granular plastics with the plastic industry’s most popular – and most complete line of – drawer magnets. Staggered rows of temperature-compensated, high-intensity neodymium magnets instantly stop metal, purifying your product before it enters your expensive extrusion, injection or blow molding equipment with less chance of wipe-off. Yet, most powdered colorants and resins slide off without sticking.
• Temperature-compensated, high intensity rare earth magnets for superior high temperature operation and exceptional surface-holding force
• Two rows 1” diameter tubes maximize magnetic circuit while allowing ample space for flow
• Rugged, 11-gauge stainless steel housing built to support symmetrical compression loads of 10,000 pounds
• Dust-tight welded housing for easy cleaning and durability
• Drawer gasket cut from ethylene propylene diene (EPDM) to resist heat aging and compression set, and offers much greater durability than sponge rubber
• Clear polycarbonate drawer front for easy viewing of product flow and captured contaminants
• High-torque nylon knobs resist breakage
• Superior cartridge geometry increases reach-out and holding power
• Available in 4”, 6”, 8” and 10” square
Drawer Magnet Options:
- No-Spill™ Slide Gate
Patented design allows for complete shut-off of product flow, reducing spillage.
- Powder Seal Kit
Provides a compression seal around the Slide Gate to prevent leaking of powdery materials.
- Purge Hopper
Speeds clean out of your equipment when changing color or compound without sacrificing magnetic protestation.
- Dump Tube
Lets you completely empty the drawer housing and material hopper of plastic after job is completed.
- Liquid Port
Promotes quick addition of color additive into the resin. Or use the port to hold temperature probe.
Additional Models To Fit Any Application
FF350 High-Temp FF Drawer Magnet
Rated to 350° F for high-temp processing
The FF350 High-Temp Drawer Magnet answers the growing demand that both OEMs and end-user customers have to process material at higher temperatures. Higher temperatures promote plastic clarity and performance, particularly in injection molding, and the Bunting FF350 promotes product integrity. Since high heat can be damaging to rare earth magnets, careful attention was paid to maintaining magnetic strength while incorporating other design details. For example, in addition to a magnet upgrade, the standard Lexan viewing window was replaced with polycarbonate. Even the plastic knobs are rated for higher temperatures. The FF350 can be used in any plastic molding or extrusion application. Because the design of the housing for the FF350 is the same as the standard model, drawers and other accessories can be purchased separately to upgrade current FF Drawer Magnets already in use.
• High temperature-compensated rare earth magnets
• Drawer Gasket: Viton sponge material rated to 400° F maximum temperature to resist heat aging and compression set
• Drawer Front: Polysulfone material resists temperatures up to 350° F intermittent temperature operation
• High-Torque Nylon Knobs: Resists breakage at temperatures up to 350° F
• Rugged easy-to-clean 11-gauge stainless steel housing built to support symmetrical 10,000 lb. compression loads
• Stainless steel center drawer guide makes removal and re-installation of the magnet drawer for cleaning quick and easy
• Superior cartridge geometry and construction increases reach-out and holding power while maximizing cartridge life
• High-Temperature Parts are completely interchangeable with the standard FF Drawer Magnet
Click on the image above for a 360⁰ view of the FF350 High-Temp FF Drawer Magnet
Low-Profile Drawer Magnet
Requires less than 6″ overall height for installation
• Single row of high intensity rare earth magnets
• Clear polycarbonate drawer fro easy viewing of material and contaminants
• Made of 10-gage mild steel (available in Stainless Steel)
• Rugged ¼” thick flanges can be pre-drilled to your specifications
Self-Cleaning Drawer Magnets
Manual & Pneumatic
No wiping. No brushing. Almost no effort at all is required to clean these models. Our Self-Cleaning drawer magnets have extra-long magnetic cartridges that fit inside stainless steel sleeves. Tramp metal collects on the sleeve surfaces and falls from the sleeves when they are pulled clear of the magnetic cartridges. To clean these units, simply remove the drawer assembly and pull the magnetic cartridge out of the sleeves away from your processing equipment. With one smooth motion, a separate assembly cleans the magnetic cartridges with grommets, wiping the metal from the tubes to a tray resulting in less product loss.
• Features High-Temp Rare Earth magnets
• Welded stainless steel housing for easy cleaning and durability
• Detachable tramp tray alleviates messy cleanups and spills
• Pneumatic self-cleaning also available with control packages for hard to reach installations
• Top slide gate and bottom transition are custom made to fit your requirements
Powder FF Drawer Magnets
For fine-grained resins
This drawer solves the problem of separating ferrous metal contaminants from fine-grained PVC and other powdery materials while preventing product from escaping from the separator. We grind the inside of the housing smooth to facilitate cleaning and prevent powdered colorants and resins from clinging to the interior surfaces.
• Clear polycarbonate drawer front for easy view of material and contaminants
• Leak-resistant seals
• Superior manufacturing to bear the weight of in-feed hoppers
• Completely enclosed slide gate so any powders that cling to the gate will be redirected back to the product flow.
FFV Drawer Magnet
For small-volume applications
Specifically designed for small volume, and closed-loop applications. These “Just-in-Time” systems dry resin at a central point and then convey small amounts to the molding machine. FFV Drawer Magnets mount on the throat of the plastic molding machine and are equipped with an O-Ring seal at the drawer front to prevent air leaks. The powerful magnetic cartridges can be pulled out of the housing for easy cleaning. Top and bottom flanges are built to your requirements.
• Manufactured to withstand pressures up to 15 in-hg without leaking.
• ½” thick, clear polycarbonate drawer front for strength and easy monitoring of the resin flow and tramp metal collection
• Most compact housing measures just 3″ x 3″ and has a maximum inlet diameter of 2″ with a maximum outlet diameter of 1¾″
• Mild and 13-gauge 304 stainless steel housings available
• Single or double high energy Rare Earth Magnetic Cartridge available
• Models with two high-energy Rare Earth Magnetic Cartridges can handle applications where extremely small fines or weakly magnetic contaminants are encountered
Talk to one of our sales engineers to find the drawer magnet appropriate for your application — request a free quote.
- No-Spill™ Slide Gate