Date Posted: 2/25/19
Position Location: Newton, KS
Responsible for technically leading and driving new product development to deliver market changing products in the magnetic separation industry. This position has ownership for leading highly complex, technical projects. This unique role partners with various internal stakeholders to understand high-level project goals, translate them into technical requirements and lead research and development to invent, design, develop and transition products to manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads a cross-functional engineering/technical team through the complete development cycle to invent, design, develop and release to manufacturing magnetic separation products.
• Translates high level goals into a comprehensive set of working requirements working with both internal and external project stakeholders.
• Creates comprehensive project plans. Drives plans.
• Provides both high level technical and people leadership.
• Drives delivery of aggressive goals managing project schedule, cost and resources effectively.
• Retains a hands-on engineering role in solving complex engineering challenges and designing products.
• Interfaces with various internal stakeholders and drives the relationship to ensure crisp communication and alignment of objectives.
• Drives day-to-day project activity to achieve results including solving technical and other project challenges, managing resource conflicts, breaking down barriers, upholding high-performance standards, and meeting commitments.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum of 3 years of directly or indirectly leading product development teams solving challenging technical projects.
• Direct experience with precision mechanical design.
• Direct experience leading projects from initial concept through design and release.
• Must have experience successfully managing schedule, budget and project resources.
• Exceptional project, management and communication skills – written and verbal – are essential.
• High energy, drive, commitment, self-initiative and perseverance are required with a demonstrated track record of personal technical accomplishments.
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
Bunting Magnetics Co. reserves the right to disqualify employees with less than (6) months tenure in their present position. EOE