Programmer / Analyst
Date Posted: 2/10/20
Position Location: Newton, KS — Full Time
The Programmer/Analyst’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Programmer/Analyst will also research design, document, and modify software applications throughout the production life cycle.
• Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
• Design and code applications solving business needs.
• Develop diagrams and flow charts on computer operation process.
• Develop, test and analyze programming applications.
• Determine, develop and document software specifications throughout production lifecycle.
• Analyze and rectify software errors and present precise status reports on time.
• Build and develop applications using computer languages such as Angular 7/8, Node.js/Express.js, C#/.NET/WPF, Typescript, HTML/JS/CSS, REST services, and SQL scripting.
• Upgrade and offer patches to existing computer systems.
• Develop technical documentation to support application maintenance.
• Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
• Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
• Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users.
• Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
• Train end users to operate new or modified programs.
• Install software products for end users as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education & Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science
• 2+ years of experience
• ERP systems preferably Epicor
• Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
• Prior experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
• Hands-on experience developing test cases and test plans.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
• Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• CRITICAL – Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
• Must be dependable and prompt.
• Must have the ability to follow instructions.
• Must be able to work well with other employees.
• Ability to understand, read and speak English fluently.
• Work Hours typically Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm with occasional overtime.
• Constant typing and computer work in office environment.
• Frequent phone, manipulation of small objects, lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs.
• Occasional handle, feel, standing, walking, and sitting.
• Rare reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, crouching, lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs.
• Infrequent exposure to mild fumes and noise.
As the industry-leading manufacturer of magnetic technology products, Bunting has developed precision magnetic products for the worldwide printing, automotive, plastics, food, electronics, pharmaceutical and recycling industries for more than 50 years. Our family-owned group of companies manufactures products which serve global markets and include a broad range of magnetic materials and components, magnetic separation systems, material handling equipment, metal detection equipment, magnetic cylinders, bonded magnets, and assemblies.
What We Offer:
— Comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD and a 401k plan.
— A healthy work-life balance, providing employees with paid holidays, paid time off, and vacation.
To apply, please send a current resume to Human Resources.
Bunting reserves the right to disqualify employees with less than (6) months tenure in their present position. EOE