Up to $5,000 Hiring Bonus! (Guidelines Apply)
Date Posted: 06/10/22
Position Location: Newton, KS — Full Time
Bunting located in Newton, KS, is a leading manufacturer of magnetic conveying and separation equipment serving a wide variety of industries. We have an immediate opening for a Painter, 2nd Shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Dispose of hazardous waste in an appropriate manner.
• Select paint according to company requirements, and match colors of paint following specified color charts.
• Mix paints to match color specifications then stir and thin the paints, using spatulas or power mixing equipment.
• Remove grease, dirt, paint, and rust from surfaces in preparation for paint application, using abrasives, solvents, brushes, blowtorches, washing tanks, or sandblasters.
• Pour paint into spray guns and adjust nozzles and paint mixes to get the proper paint flow and coating thickness.
• Monitor painting operations to identify flaws such as blisters and streaks so that their causes can be corrected.
• Sand vehicle surfaces between coats of paint and/or primer to remove flaws and enhance adhesion for subsequent coats.
• Disassemble, clean, and reassemble sprayers and power equipment, using solvents, wire brushes, and cloths for cleaning duties.
• Spray prepared surfaces with specified amounts of primers and decorative or finish coatings.
• Mask other surfaces with tape or paper to protect them from paint.
• Lift raw materials, finished products, manually or using hoists.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
• High school diploma or GED require.
• Ability to perform the essential job functions, consistent safely and successfully with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
If you would like to send any additional materials, please email Human Resources.
Bunting reserves the right to disqualify employees with less than (6) months tenure in their present position. EOE