Up to $5,000 Hiring Bonus! (Guidelines Apply)
Date Posted: 2/20/23
Position Location: Newton, KS — Full Time
Bunting located in Newton, KS, is a leading manufacturer of magnetic conveying and separation equipment serving a wide variety of industries. We have an immediate opening for an OD Grinder Operator, 2nd Shift.
Grinds a wide variety of production parts. May be required to work under the guidance of higher grade CNC Grinder Operators.
• Works under minimal supervision to set up, adjust and operate CNC grinding machines to perform a wide variety of difficult close tolerance grinding operations according to general operation methods.
• Works from blueprints, shop routers, oral and written instructions to achieve high degree surface finish and tolerance requirements for grinding parts.
• Works under minimal supervision to mount and balance grinding wheel.
• Dress grinding wheel manually and automatically.
• Works under minimal supervision to setup and adjust horizontal feeds, speed of part rotation, wheel speed and table travel stops.
• Perform other duties and/or assist with special projects as assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Minimum High School (or equivalent)
• Requires minimum of one-year diversified machines experience to include computer numerical controlled (CNC) grinders.
• Requires basic blue print skills and use of precision measuring instruments
• Ability to read and understand both verbal and written instructions
• Basic computer skills to log labor and material for jobs
• Ability to keep track of inventory for the area
• Frequent standing, reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, squatting, and twisting, required.
• Ability to comply with safety requirements of manufacturing environment (for example: safety glasses, steel toe shoes, etc.), required.
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds independently, required.
If you would like to send any additional materials, please email Human Resources.
Bunting reserves the right to disqualify employees with less than (6) months tenure in their present position. EOE