Up to $5,000 Hiring Bonus! (Guidelines Apply)
Date Posted: 11/14/22
Position Location: Newton, KS — Full Time
Bunting located in Newton, KS, is a leading manufacturer of magnetic conveying and separation equipment serving a wide variety of industries. We have an immediate opening for a CNC Mill Operator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Setup, operate, or tend Milling or Planning Machines to mill, plane, shape, groove, or profile metal pieces.
• Position and secure workpieces on machines, using holding devices, measuring instruments, hand tools, and hoists.
• Remove workpieces from machines, and check to ensure that they conform to specifications, using measuring instruments such as microscopes, gauges, calipers, and micrometers.
• Verify alignment of workpieces on machines, using measuring instruments such as rules, gauges, or calipers.
• Observe milling or planning machine operation and adjust controls to ensure conformance with specific tolerances.
• Select cutting speeds, feed rates, and depths of cuts, applying knowledge of metal properties and mathematics.
• Study blueprints, layouts, sketches, or work orders to assess workpiece specifications and to determine tooling instructions, tools and materials needed, and sequences of operations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Basic reading, writing, and some advanced arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
• CNC Mill Operator (Okuma mills) Experience Preferred.
• Skills (required in one or more of the following areas: CNC Equipment, Mills, Lathes, Grinders.
• Experience using one or more of the following tools: lathe, milling machine, drill press, and vertical/horizontal cut off saw.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
• Manual dexterity required for operating machinery.
• Ability to lift up to twenty pounds required.
If you would like to send any additional materials, please email Human Resources.
Bunting reserves the right to disqualify employees with less than (6) months tenure in their present position. EOE